WHAT TO EXPECT
Since its formation, Toronto’s Junction has transformed over and over again.
From a hub of industrial manufacturing to residential homes to an eclectic selection of food and drink, the Junction has always served an important role in Toronto’s economic and cultural development.
Beginning as an epicentre of railways and hotels, the Junction is now known for its alluring menagerie of restaurants, bars, breweries and bakeries. A short walk through this cityscape reveals a charming combination of cultural cuisines nestled among historical buildings dating back to the early 1800s. This unexpected blend of old Toronto architecture and revitalized restaurants continually draws in tourists and Torontonians looking for something delicious and different.
Learn why this neighbourhood went alcohol-free for nearly a century while exploring the Junction’s multicultural mix of food and drink. Although we will explore what was once a dry area, this tour includes both food and alcohol.
- An interesting and educational walking tour through one of Toronto’s historic districts, led by a charismatic and knowledgeable guide with expertise in food and history.
- Your food, drink and all restaurant gratuities are included in the ticket price. Come hungry! Our tour menus are served in a variety of tasting courses chosen to satisfy your appetite.
- Alcoholic beverages will be served on this tour. Be sure to bring at least one piece of government issued photo ID.
- Transportation to and from the tour meeting and ending points. In your email confirmation, the closest parking locations are provided. We’re happy to help with directions to the meeting spot and will make sure you know where you’re going at the end of the tour.
- Gratuities for your guide, at your discretion.
Tours depart promptly at the scheduled time. If you are running late or unable to find the meeting point, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll do our best to help you find your way.
We operate in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately and wear comfortable footwear suitable for a moderate amount of walking.
All ticket purchases are non-refundable. If you are not able to make it, feel free to give your ticket to a friend or relative. Otherwise, contact us at least 48 hours prior to the tour and we may exchange your tickets for another date/time or replace them with gift certificates.
If you have a physical disability or will be bringing a baby stroller on the tour, please email email@example.com at the time your ticket is purchased. Depending on the tour, some smaller restaurants may not be able to accommodate wheelchairs or strollers.
All food, drink and restaurant gratuities are included in the ticket price. Please contact at the time of ticket purchase if you have dietary restrictions, allergies, or any food intolerance.
Government issued Photo ID is required for tours including alcoholic beverages.