WHAT TO EXPECT
Experience a world of flavours at Toronto’s iconic St. Lawrence Market, named #1 world-wide by National Geographic in 2011. Today, the market hosts over 120 vendors of food, drink, house wares, and creatively crafted souvenirs that speak to Toronto’s diverse culture and fascinating history.
Originally a trading post and fishing ground for indigenous Canadians over 200 years ago, this marketplace predates Toronto itself. As one of the oldest markets in Canada, the surrounding area is home to an array of historical landmarks and culturally significant cuisine, each with its own tale to tell.
Over the centuries, the St Lawrence Market evolved into a two-story historical building filled with fresh produce, delightful delicatessens and extraordinary baked goods. Join us for a sampling stroll through the market and historic Old Town Toronto for a deliciously enlightening experience for tourists and locals alike.
- An interesting and educational walking tour through one of Toronto’s historic districts, led by a charismatic and knowledgeable guide with expertise in food and history.
- Your food, drink and all restaurant gratuities are included in the ticket price. Come hungry! Our tour menus are served in a variety of tasting courses chosen to satisfy your appetite.
- Alcoholic beverages will be served on this tour. Be sure to bring at least one piece of government issued photo ID.
- Transportation to and from the tour meeting and ending points. In your email confirmation, the closest parking locations are provided. We’re happy to help with directions to the meeting spot and will make sure you know where you’re going at the end of the tour.
- Gratuities for your guide, at your discretion.
Tours depart promptly at the scheduled time. If you are running late or unable to find the meeting point, email email@example.com. We’ll do our best to help you find your way.
We operate in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately and wear comfortable footwear suitable for a moderate amount of walking.
All ticket purchases are non-refundable. If you are not able to make it, feel free to give your ticket to a friend or relative. Otherwise, contact us at least 48 hours prior to the tour and we may exchange your tickets for another date/time or replace them with gift certificates.
If you have a physical disability or will be bringing a baby stroller on the tour, please email tastesandtalestoronto@gmail.
com at the time your ticket is purchased. Depending on the tour, some smaller restaurants may not be able to accommodate wheelchairs or strollers.
All food, drink and restaurant gratuities are included in the ticket price. Please contact at the time of ticket purchase if you have dietary restrictions, allergies, or any food intolerance.
Government issued Photo ID is required for tours including alcoholic beverages.