WHAT TO EXPECT
Venture through Toronto’s Little India, awash in the vibrant colours and elaborate artistry unique to South Asia. Although known for hot and spicy dishes, we’ve created a menu with customizable heat levels to suit a variety of palates.
This tour showcases the amazing aromas, tastes and textures of fine Indian food, in a neighbourhood filled with outstanding restaurants and beautiful boutiques. Originally a mix of Irish, Scottish, and English immigrants, the area redeveloped and only became Little India as recently as the 1970s. Since then, the small spanse of Gerrard street rapidly redeveloped to include nearly 100 businesses inspired by South Asian culture.
It’s not just the enticing spices and fragrant flavours of authentic Indian cuisine that set this tour apart. Along with a guided walk through Little India, you’ll have the chance to step into the kitchen with a professional chef of over 20 years. Be prepared for a hands-on experience and some interesting tales, while you dine on some of the best Indian cuisine Toronto has to offer.
- An interesting and educational walking tour through one of Toronto’s historic districts, led by a charismatic and knowledgeable guide with expertise in food and history.
- Your food, drink and all restaurant gratuities are included in the ticket price. Come hungry! Our tour menus are served in a variety of tasting courses chosen to satisfy your appetite.
- Transportation to and from the tour meeting and ending points. In your email confirmation, the closest parking locations are provided. We’re happy to help with directions to the meeting spot and will make sure you know where you’re going at the end of the tour.
- Gratuities for your guide, at your discretion.
- Alcoholic beverages are not on the menu for this particular tour.
Tours depart promptly at the scheduled time. If you are running late or unable to find the meeting point, email email@example.com. We’ll do our best to help you find your way!
We operate in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately and wear comfortable footwear suitable for a moderate amount of walking.
All ticket purchases are non-refundable. If you are not able to make it, feel free to give your ticket to a friend or relative. Otherwise, contact us at least 48 hours prior to the tour and we may exchange your tickets for another date/time or replace them with gift certificates.
If you have a physical disability or will be bringing a baby stroller on the tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at the time your ticket is purchased. Depending on the tour, some smaller restaurants may not be able to accommodate wheelchairs or strollers.
All food, drink and restaurant gratuities are included in the ticket price. Please contact at the time of ticket purchase if you have dietary restrictions, allergies, or any food intolerance.
Government issued Photo ID is required for tours including alcoholic beverages.