Swordfish & Sauce
Just a beautiful piece of swordfish slathered with sauce and capers. Serve with the side(s) of your choice. We made a mixed vegetable quinoa that can be made ahead of time. Some other helpful tips:
Choose a swordfish at least one inch thick & dry brine one hour to overnight for best results.
Sauce can be made prior to cooking the swordfish or cooked in a saucepan on the grill alongside the swordfish.
1/2 shallot, finely diced
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup cream
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp capers
1/2 lemon, juice
2 – 4 Tbsp butter – added later while cooking
- Brush swordfish with light amount of oil & season with fresh pepper.
- Cook over medium heat on the grill, about 4 mins per side. Move to indirect heat if needed, until internal temp reaches 130° F. Rotate by 90 degrees partway through cooking for more defined grill marks.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. On the grill or stove, reduce by half. When cooked on the grill beside the swordfish, both should finish cooking at the same time.
- Start adding butter one tablespoon at a time, stirring to combine.
- Spoon sauce over the plated swordfish and enjoy with the side of your choice!