chocolate Banana Muffins
A recipe for all of us who have the best of intentions buying bananas at the grocery store, only to watch them slowly change colour in the fruit bowl at home. Just like making lemonade out of lemons, it’s the perfect opportunity to help your bananas reach their full potential, as sweet and delicious chocolate banana muffins.
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 overripe bananas, coarsely mashed with a fork
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips/chunks, divided
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F and line a 12-count muffin tin with paper liners.
- Gently mash bananas with a fork.
- In a mixing bowl, add together cream, softened butter, eggs and sugar.
- Add the mashed bananas and vanilla extract. Hand-mix until well combined.
- In a new bowl, add the baking soda and salt and whisk together. Mix the dry ingredients into wet ingredients until smoothly incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips/chunks into the batter, then pour into the lined muffin tin. Only fill each liner halfway to give space for the muffin to rise.
- Bake on the center rack for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden. Check by inserting a toothpick in the middle of a muffin. They’re done if the toothpick comes out clean.